Frankfurter Slice / Hot Dog|
Rayburn - 'HOT DOG' a rich scone base topped with frankfurters, tomato ketchup, mustard and sauce.
You will need:
- 550g (1Lb 4oz) Self raising flour
- 250g (9 oz) Margarine
- 250g (9 oz) Strong Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- About 200 ml (7 Fluid Oz) Milk
- 2 x Onions Peeled / Sliced
- 1 x Large pack (20 or 24) Frankfurters
- 4 Good tablespoons of Mustard (Preferably English)
- 6 Good tablespoons of Tomato Ketchup
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons any piquant brown sauce
- The Rayburn Large Roasting Tin
- Bake-o-glide Liner or Greaseproof Paper
Sieve the flour into a bowl with a pinch of salt, then rub in the fat, or use a food processor. Add two thirds of the cheese and mix to a soft dough with milk. Press this mixture evenly into the tin. Cover the onions with water and boil for a minute or two, then drain off the liquid. Arrange the frankfurters in lines over the scone dough, stir the seasonings together and spread over the frankfurters, then sprinkle over the onions followed by the remaining cheese.
Place the tin towards the top of the roasting oven and bake for 35 minutes until nicely browned, turning the tin half way through. Cut into slices.
The recipe is quite tolerant and may therefore be moved around in the oven according to what else is being cooked.
Use a mixture of Red and White Cheese for more effect.
Henfaes Lane Industrial Estate
Welshpool Powys SY21 7BE